The Dogs HATE the Bus
We have been weighing the pros and cons of towing a vehicle behind the bus for a long time. We finally tested the dogs in the bus while cranking it and took a short ride around the block and our suspicions were confirmed... they HATED it.
That made the choice much easier because their comfort is so important to us so we bought a new (to us) vehicle that I (tiff) will drive behind the bus.
-----Pros of driving separate vehicles-----
- the dogs will be more relaxed
- the car we chose has great safety ratings, tiff will have airbags
- tiff can scout campsites
- tiff can help keep an eye on the bus while in transit
- proper air conditioning in the Subaru
- tiff sometimes gets car sick as a passenger
- if something falls in the bus during travel, it can't hit a puppy
- save money of the installation of a tow package
- won't need to unhook/re-hook the toad
- expanded vehicle make/model options since we aren't towing
- alone time for both of us (I mean, we like each other a lot but everyone needs some "me time")
-----Cons of driving separately-----
-putting miles on a car unecessarily
-more fuel costs (probably)
- tiff doesn't like to drive
- because zac will be in the bus alone, if something moves/falls during travel, not one can fix it.
Anyway, we hated to put the puppies through that stressful test but it was something we needed to see. I really think this is the best choice for us and we could always change up our system later. What do you guys think?